Tuition, Scholarships & Financial Aid
We are so happy he has a place like MYA that is helping him develop his love for music. Thank you!
Tuition for 2013-2014
Tuition is charged to cover a portion of the actual cost of the program to MYA. (Tuition covers only 57% of operating expenses.) Financial aid is offered to those families demonstrating need so that no student accepted into MYA Programs is precluded from participation due to financial reasons. Invoices for 2013-14 are due August 25th, 2013.
Tuition listed below is for the whole academic year. Tuition for large ensembles is never prorated. Please note that Chamber Music participation is required for all students in Concert and Symphony Orchestras and chamber music tuition will only be prorated if the student is not placed by MYA for the entire year. CLICK HERE to pay your tuition securely online.
There is a non-refundable $100.00 "Tuition Deposit" for each ensemble when the Intent Form is turned in. This deposit is deducted from the yearly tuition invoice, or the last payment in the payment plan if families choose this option.
Students participating in multiple large ensembles will receive a discount (20% for second ensemble; 40% for third ensemble).
- Reading, Cadet, Concertino, Philharmonia: $759/year (Click to pay online)
- Concert: $1,428/year (includes 24 weeks of Classic Chamber Music coaching)
- Symphony: $1,459/year (includes 24 weeks of Classic Chamber Music coaching) (Click to pay online)
- Classic Chamber Music tuition of Symphony and Concert Orchestra members is included in the Orchestra costs above. For those in Philharmonia and Concertino who are selected to participate in a chamber music ensemble, tuition is $669/year (Click to pay online)
- Intensive Chamber Music supplement: additional $240/year (includes minimum of 30 weeks of Intensive Chamber Music coaching, priority participation in master classes, as well as priority in being selected for chamber music performances outside of MYA) (Click to pay online)
- Classic: $970/year (This includes 24 scheduled coachings [24 hours of coaching total] and participation in Sunday Soirees and master classes.) (Click to pay online)
- Intensive: $1210/year (This includes a mininum of 30 weeks of scheduled Intensive Chamber Music coaching, priority participation in master classes, as well as priority in being selected for chamber music performances outside of MYA) (Click to pay online)
- Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Workshop, and Jazz Orchestra: $759/year (Click to pay online)
- Big Band: $790/year (Click to pay online)
- Combos: $669.00/year (enrolled in a large ensemble)(Click to pay online)
- Jazz Combos Only (not enrolled in a large ensemble): $970/year (Click to pay online)
- Little and Mighty Maestros: $235/semester(Click to pay online)
- Voices Rising: $759/year (Click to pay online)
- VX Ensemble $355/Spring 2014(Click to pay online)
- To be determined once schedule is set. (Click to pay online)
- Free. Tuition is included in the cost of the programs above or $335/year for students taking Theory Class only. (Click to pay online)
- The Music & Movement Center at MYA: $110/8-week session (Click to pay online)
The Summer Semester is optional.
Orchestra & Wind Symphony: MYA awards merit-based scholarships to students based on an audition and recommendation of their private teacher. For students already enrolled in MYA, seating auditions will also be taken into consideration as well as leadership and citizenship.
For 2013-2014, the following scholarships are available:
- The Mathieu DuFour* Woodwind Scholarship
- The John Bruce Yeh* Woodwind Scholarship
- The Charles Geyer and Barbara Butler* Brass Scholarship
- The Dale Clevenger* Brass Scholarship
- The Jay Friedman* Trombone Scholarship
- The Jeremy and Kate Black* String Scholarship
- The Charles Pikler* String Scholarship
- The Rami Solomonow* String Scholarship
- The Carrie Dennis* String Scholarship
- The Eric Chapman Memorial Scholarship
- The Ronit Solomonow Memorial Scholarship
* In addition to receiving financial awards starting at $500, recipients of the Named Merit Scholarships may have an opportunity to meet with and be mentored by, to receive a lesson with their scholarship’s namesake, and to be recognized in all MYA concert programs.
Scholarship Information and Application(PDF format)
Merit Scholarship Audition dates for current MYA Members will be held on May 19, 21 and 22. Students new to MYA may use their MYA Audition tape as an application for a Merit Scholarship. Notification of awards will be made in May. Email email@example.com for additional information.
MYA makes every attempt to ensure that no one is excluded from participation in MYA Programs for financial reasons. To this end, need-based financial aid is available, and families are encouraged to apply. It is board policy that a family's financial situation should not preclude any student accepted into MYA programs from participating.
Financial Aid Application
Need-based financial aid applications for the 2013-14 year are due on or before July 15, 2013. We request that you mail in the Financial Aid Form for your protection and privacy. Please call the office if you have any questions concerning the application process, or if need arises during the Academic year.
Printable Confidential Financial Aid Form (PDF format)
If you are having trouble using Acrobat or reading the file, please try downloading and installing the latest version of Adobe Reader, or visit Adobe’s helpful support page.
Work-Study Positions & Application
Each year we have openings for students to help with specific tasks. This is not need-based assistance, but a job for a mature, responsible MYA student who wants to contribute to the organization at a high level of performance and with a good work ethic. We expect the students we select for these positions to be good role models for the entire MYA student body. Students must be the required minimum age of 16 to be considered for work-study. If you wish to be considered for a work/study position, please submit an on-line Work-Study Application.